Can I Get Skin Cancer?
You may not keep track of the time you spend in the sun—but your skin does. Even those quick trips to the mailbox or down the street to a friend’s house add up.
Every minute in the sun is like a deposit in your “sun account.” But you can never take those minutes back out—even if you stay indoors for a whole summer! Your sun account lasts your whole life. The more time you deposit in it, the greater your risk of getting skin cancer.
Your risk is greatest if:
- You spend time in the sun.
- You use a tanning bed to get darker.
- There is a history of skin cancer in your family.
- No matter what your natural coloring, you are at risk if you spend time in the sun.
Check out the rest of this web site to learn ways you can take control and reduce your risk!
- Q&A videos – Listen to common questions asked by kids attending HealthTech Camp
- Test your skin characteristics – See what your chances are of getting skin cancer
Hey, it’s Cool in the Shade.
Protect your skin. Protect yourself.